Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To...

Wow!  I am absolutely honored to have won this award.  After 4 nominations, it’s about time!  While it is so special to up onstage with you all tonight, I really wish I could be back in Maycomb County.  The experience of filming To Kill a Mockingbird was like no other.  While I had read the book, the movie turned out to be completely different.  In my opinion, the changes were definitely for the better.  The order may be mixed up, some characters changed, scenes were added or decreased, but the movie and the book stand alone. The morals and values stay the same even if they plot line is altered.  I have learned so much through experiencing humanity and living it.  I know what kind of person I want to be; Atticus was such a role model to me.  A big shout out to Scout and Jem for being the best children I could have ever dreamed of.  Finch’s all the way!


-Gregory Peck
Academy Award Winner, Best Actor in Leading Role
(Fake) Acceptance Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment